Visiting the Big Apple? Here are some best hotels for kids in NYC, as recommended by Trekaroo families.
Best Family-Friendly Hotel in NYC (Editor’s Choice) – Hotel Beacon
For our last vacation hooray this summer, we stayed at the Hotel Beacon on the Upper West Side. I was blown away! I have a 2 year old son, so I wanted to stay in the Upper West Side to make it easy to get to the Children’s Museum, the American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, and more. The Hotel Beacon was within easy walking distance to all the mentioned attractions and the price just made it all the better.
What’s to love
- Location, location, location (top NYC family attraction within walking distance, easy subway access, grocery store across the street, yummy restaurants all around)
- Newly renovated large suites (bathrooms are separate and not attached to bedrooms)
- Fully equipped kitchens in all rooms (standard and suites)
- Price ($245 for a one-bedroom suite Sun/Mon, $295/night Tue-Sat)
What’s not to love
- The fact that it was sold out when we wanted to extend our stay. Bummer!
Other kid-friendly hotels
WooGo Central Park – Tempo Apartments
Also on the Upper West Side, the Tempo Apartments has a collection of studios and one-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and hard-wood floors. Book now and save 30% on travel through October 31st. Rates start at $192/night. To check on availability and current rates at Tempo Apartments.
The Pod Hotel New York
A hip, new hotel in midtown New York has got the normal rooms and bunkbed rooms! Perfect for familes with teens and tweens. Book now and save 25% off their average nightly rate of $229.
On The Ave Hotel
Another Upper West side hotel (can you tell that I like the UWS?). Book now and receive 30% off their average nightly rates ($282/night for a regular room)
Hotels with pools
Families love pools! Here are some great options for kids who love to swim.
Empire Hotel (Newly renovated Midtown hotel, Rates start at $350/night)
Hotel Gansevoort (Located in the West village – Rates start at $465/night)
Travel Inn Hotel (Located in Midtown West, outdoor pool, Rates start at $142/night). Only hotel with free parking in NYC.
- For more hotels for kids in New York City
- For nearby activities for kids in New York City
- Hot List of Best Places to take Kids in New York City (NYC)
- Where Families Should Go in NYC when the Weather’s Bad
- 13 Things I Learned Visiting NYC with 2 Young Kids
- Must-See New York City attractions