Photo by: Flickr-emeryjl: 879469833
I remember when my eldest was 2 and grandpa bought him a train table. He spent hours and hours building tracks and going around the table in circles. His favorite train was James (from Thomas and Friends). For all of you moms and dads who have a little one who is a budding train enthusiasts, you are in luck. There are so many places around the US that you can take your child on small kiddie train rides as well as the full blown real deal.
Here are some of train and caboose attractions that Trekaroo families recommend across the US:
Warthers Museum in Dover, Ohio is a “train buff’s heaven” says momof4girls.
The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park gets positive reviews from moms. Momto3 says she “loves the inexpensive thrill of the train ride and carousel”.
Elijahsmom declares that Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock, North Carolina is “a must see for little boys”.
Discover more train themed attractions and lodging:
- Trains and Railroad Attractions Kids Will Love in Pennsylvania
- Other Activities for Kids in Pennsylvania
- Kid-friendly Hotels in Pennsylvania
- Train and Railroad Attractions Kids Will Love in Texas
- Other Activities and Hotels for Kids in Texas
- Train and Railroad Attractions Kids Will Love in California
- Other Activities for Kids in California
- Kid-friendly Hotels in California
- Train Museums in Minnesota that Kids Love
- Other Activities for Kids in Minnesota
- Kid-friendly Hotels in Minnesota
Know of other fun places to take little train enthusiasts? Create your own list
Photo by: www.flickr.com_photos_emeryjl_879469833
Trekaroo is a reviews website dedicated to helping parents travel with kids.