Vacations are amazing – and just about every family loves them. But what if you could combine educational opportunities with a vacation? Doesn’t that sound a bit like “a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down?” Kids seem to eat up learning when the environment is friendly and fun – and travel is one of the best ways to discover as a family. We are excited to offer our readers a chance to WIN an educational and fun vacation to San Diego offering the best of both worlds! If you’re interested in Educational Travel – check out Trekaroo’s Road School Guides.
San Diego Vacation Prize Package
One lucky person will win the following:
- 2-night stay at the family-friendly Glorietta Bay Inn in Coronado, www.gloriettabayinn.com
- 4 tickets to the USS Midway, the most visited ship museum in the world, www.midway.org
- 4 tickets to the San Diego Natural History Museum in Balboa Park, www.sdnhm.org
- 4 tickets to SeaWorld San Diego with a behind-the-scenes tour of the park’s conservation and animal rescue efforts, http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sandiego
Prize Value: $1274
Entry Period: June 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM PST to July 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST
Congratulations to Janice H., winner of this fantastic prize!
Enter to Win:
Step 1: Join TrekarooJoin Trekaroo
Already have a Trekaroo account? Skip this step.
Step 2: Fill out the entry form
- Hotel Stay and reservations subject to availability
- Blackout dates apply, including: Glorietta Bay Inn, no bookings July, August, or holiday weekends; USS Midway, not valid for special events; SeaWorld San Diego, not valid 7/3/15, 7/4/15, 7/11/15, 7/18/15, 7/25/15, 8/1/15, 8/8/15, 9/6/15, and 12/26/15 through 12/31/15.
- Natural History Museum passes not valid for separately priced special exhibitions
- No cash value
- San Diego Natural History Museum and SeaWorld San Diego passes must be redeemed by 6/30/16. (No expiration date for Glorietta Bay Inn, USS Midway)
Summary Rules and Guidelines: (official rules)
- No purchase necessary
- Must join or be a member of Trekaroo.com to enter
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
Special thanks to: Visit San Diego for arranging for this prize package.
What is Monday Madness?
On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
The USS Midway – the most visited ship museum in the world
The enormity of the USS Midway aircraft carrier stationed in the San Diego harbor is awe-inspiring. Families can take self-guided audio tours up and down the decks to see all the rooms on the ship. The “City at Sea” section below decks lets visitors navigate through the halls and stairs inside the carrier seeing mess halls, officers’ quarters, war rooms, and radio rooms (plus lots more). On the top deck, kids can climb into Top Gun aircraft and learn how planes take off and land from the carrier.
The thing that stuck with my daughter was the enormity of it. I think in days to come she will understand the importance of the ship and of our military at large.” – Joshcalvert
San Diego Natural History Museum in Balboa Park
Dinosaur bones, skulls, gem exhibits, and more await kids to discover at the Natural History Museum. Cases and cases of skulls are displayed from all over the world. Kids may gaze as long as they like, or run to the end of the hall to draw their own picture of a skull on a giant chalkboard. Many of the exhibits in the prehistoric section are interactive for kids and can lead to many discoveries.
Once we hit the kids exploration area they were in heaven. They played with computers and puzzles, and dug in the sand. It was a good chance to talk about history and other cultures.” – ebickford
SeaWorld San Diego
Fun and education go hand in hand at SeaWorld San Diego. Kids get to see marine life up close and personal and can then begin to appreciate the uniqueness of each creature of the ocean. The dolphin, sea lion, pet, and Shamu shows demonstrate how amazing each animal is while visitors get to laugh along with the antics and tricks on display. Just about every review on Trekaroo talks about how much fun they had with their kids at SeaWorld!
I love the emphasis on education there. Everywhere you turn they are teaching you something! I wanted to be a Marine Biologist as a kids because of all the stuff I learned there!” -ksherman
Glorietta Bay Inn on Coronado Island
The Glorietta Bay Inn is steeped in history. The historic home of JD Spreckels, who once owned the Hotel Del Coronado and much of the land on Coronado itself, Spreckels built this mansion to overlook Glorietta Bay with its quiet harbor of yachts. It is now a perfect vacation spot for families who can enjoy the activities of San Diego and then relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in the USA. There are a variety of rooms to choose from including standard rooms, family suites, and upscale mansion rooms. Stays include complimentary WiFi, parking, afternoon snacks, and a continental breakfast served on the sunny patio.
Do you want to take school to road? Check out Trekaroo’s Road School Guides for educational travel.