Growing up as a kid on the East Coast, I loved hearing on the radio “Trinity Middle School-Delayed 2 hours…Turkey Hill Elementary School – Closed…” It was a Snow Day! I’d grab my friends, dust off our 6 foot toboggan, and ask mom to drop us all off to find the tallest, fastest, and longest runs in Orange, Connecticut.
Living here in the Bay Area, it’s a bit more challenging to acclimate my 2 year old to the joys of whizzing down a hill into a pile of snow and giggles.
Luckily, Tahoe’s not to far away and there be plenty of slopes to choose from that don’t have skiers and snowboarders jamming on them. Some of them are free, some close to free, but all of them guarantee that your kids will have a great time.
It’s also a great way for the entire family to enjoy the snow together without dealing with different levels of skill. Here’s a list of all the groomed sledding and tubing in Lake Tahoe runs:
- Kingvale Tubing And Sledding Center
- Sledding at Boreal Mountain Playground
- Sledding & Tubing at Soda Springs Winter Resort
- Tube & Saucer Hill at Hansen’s Resort
- Tubing Hill at Northstar-at-Tahoe
- Tubing at Sierra-at-Tahoe
- Tubing at Squaw Valley
- Granlibakken Ski Area
- Tahoe Donner Snow Play Area
- Kirkwood Slide Mountain Tubing Hill
For a full list of Places to Go Sledding or Tubing in Lake Tahoe, click here. Feel free to add any that we’ve missed.
Race you down the hill!