Last Updated on
Looking for something to do this weekend? All across the nation, hundreds of museums are joining with the Smithsonians to provide free general admission this Saturday, September 26th.
Participating venues perfect for kids include:
- Chabot Space & Science Center – Oakland
- Contemporary Jewish Museum – San Francisco (Exhibit on the author, Maurice Sendak of Where the Wild Things Are)
- Coyote Point Museum for Environmental Education – San Mateo
- Exploratorium – San Francisco
- Hiller Aviation Museum – San Carlos
- Quail Botanical Gardens – Encinitas
- San Diego Air and Space Museum – San Diego
- San Diego Natural History Museum – San Diego
- Skirball Museum – Los Angelos
- Zeum : San Francisco’s Children’s Museum – San Francisco
- Kline Creek Farm – West Chicago
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center – Willowbrook
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum – Chicago
For a full list of participating museums in each state across the country, go here.
You must present the Museum Day admission card to receive free general admission at participating Museum Day locations. Go to the Smithsonian site to download your own Free Museum Day admission card.