Some days my son is a preschool daredevil speeding down hills on his big wheel. Other days he’s a mellow fellow content to peddle around the back patio on his tricycle. On any given day though, regardless of his appetite for adventure, one thing remains constant – my son loves his Schwinn’s Boys Burnout.
A bike is a boy’s best friend. Bicycles represent their first taste of sweet freedom; a means to go far and go fast…and my son likes to go as fast as his little feet will pedal him (and usually in circles too!) Thanks to the training wheels on his Burnout, he’s yet to take a spill. Knock on wood!
Schwinn’s 16 inch Boys Burnout is the ideal bike for children learning to ride. It features:
• 3 Brakes – A Coaster Brake plus Front & Rear Caliper Brakes
for safe and secure stops
• Quick Release seat for easy height adjustments
• Alloy 4 Bolt Stem holds handlebars securely
• 2 Front Pegs add to the freestyle look
• Schwinn Heavy Duty training wheels for stability and learning
• Rubber treads on training wheels for a quieter and smoother
• Recommended for boys ages 4-6
Schwinn’s website if full of fun tips for parents, like this one: “Don’t make the day you actually bring home the bike, the same day you take the training wheels off. Let your little one tool around the block for a few weeks on training wheels, or until he feels comfortable enough to take the plunge.” More tips from Schwinn
Disclosure: To facilitate this review Schwinn provided me with a Schwinn Boys Burnout. Schwinn did not request that I express any particular opinion and my reviews always reflect my honest opinion.