It’s a minivan! It’s an RV! It’s a Jucy Campervan!
During our recent 10 day camping road trip along Route 66, we were stopped countless times by people. “What’s this thing you are driving around? Do you like it?” they asked. Indeed, we were quite in love with our brightly colored Jucy Campa and were proud to give every curious passerby a tour. As far as clever ideas go, this mini-sized campervan from New Zealand has hit the nail on the head. The Jucy Campas are a throwback to the genius designs of Volkswagon’s iconic Westfalia Vanagons, where convenience and efficient living are one. With a spot for everything, each Jucy campervan comes with two stoves, a refrigerator, kitchen sink, dining table, pots and pans, silverware, and a DVD player. The Jucy Campa sleeps 4 comfortably but has seat belts for 5. Read my report on our Budget Family Road Trip in a Jucy Campervan and find out how our family of five faired traveling 4,500 miles in the Jucy.
Check out the video from our Route 66 Road Trip:
Jucy rentals are currently available for pick up and drop off in three cities – Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Las Vegas. For the cost of a regular car rental (35-100/day depending on demand), the Jucy Campas make it easy and comfortable to hit the road for miles and miles of gorgeous views. Whether you’re thinking of a road trip along California’s Hightway 1, or a trip to beautiful Yosemite or the Grand Canyon, the Jucy Campa offers a comfortable ride, easy camping set up, and affordable travel. Even if you don’t have camping equipment, all that you need to camp in a Jucy Campa is a love for the outdoors and a campsite reservation. Everything else is provided or can be rented from Jucy including bedding and towels.
For families flying to California or Nevada, the option to camp just got much easier since you don’t have to lug camping equipment on the plane. Your rental comes with all you need. With the Jucy Campervan, the ease of setting up and packing up camp is considerably easier, making it feasible to stay at a different campground each night even with kids. However, the cost of the rental is way less than renting an RV and the gas mileage is the same as for a minivan (we got about 21 mpg on the highway).
Ready to hit the road? Explore more road trip posts on Trekaroo:
How to prepare kids for your destination before you go (coming 5/21)
Road trip itineraries to Orlando (coming 5/22)
Best travel apps for kids (coming 5/22)
Road trip safety & the dangers of distracted driving (coming 5/23)
The Deal: Exclusive 15% Discount on a Jucy Rental
For a limited time, Jucy Rentals is offering Trekaroo families an exclusive 15% discount on any rental through December 31, 2014. Use the discount code: Travel14 at checkout.
The Steal: Win a One Week Jucy Campa Rental
One lucky winning family will receive:
- A one week rental of a Jucy Campa to be picked and dropped off at any Jucy location
- 2 provisional kits and 2 camping chairs
- unlimited mileage
Prize Value: $800
Enter to win today and everyday for two weeks by using the Rafflecopter widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Drop off and pick up location must be the same during high season
- Subject to availability and some blackout dates do apply.
- Voucher will be valid for one year.
- Standard Jucy Rentals terms and conditions apply
- No purchase necessary
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
- Read the full and legalize Official Rules in the Rafflecopter Widget.
Entry Period: May 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST to June 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST.
Special thanks our sponsor:
Jucy Group Limited
PO Box 68199
Tel: 800 650 4180
What is Monday Madness?
On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.