Early Utah settlers referred to the area as “Zion,” a place rich with vast natural cathedrals. The name stuck, and in the year 1919, Zion National Park was established. Utah’s first national park is aptly named; the word “Zion” means a place of peace and relaxation. Our friends and sponsors at Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens, located adjacent to Zion National Park, have put together an amazing giveaway package for your family to enjoy and we are very excited to share it with you.
The Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens
Open the front door of a Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens guest room, and you open the door to Zion National Park. The Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens holds a secret behind its highway facade; a desert garden paradise complete with green grass, colorful blooms, riverside beach, and immaculate views of Zion National Park.
The Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens is the ideal place to stay for an enjoyable national park family getaway. The resort lies within walking distance of Zion National Park’s entrance. Plus, the Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens provide direct access to the park’s paved Pa’rus trail, the perfect pathway for an evening stroll or family bike ride. The resort offers family-friendly amenities including suites with full kitchen facilities, a lovely outdoor pool set amidst the park’s towering red rocks, Virgin River beach access, and a fun toy-stocked sand box.
Zion National Park is sure to keep any family busy with its kid-friendly hikes, biking paths, and Junior Ranger program. The park also offers several hands-on children’s programs throughout the summer months. For families looking for a little more adventure, be sure to check out Red Desert Adventure, an outdoor adventure guide service offering custom family canyoneering tours. Simply put, canyoneering is the sport of exploring canyons. Canyoneering with Red Desert Adventure, involves exploring canyons while safely rappelling, scrambling, and sliding along sheer rock walls. Not only is canyoneering an amazing way to experience the area’s awesome red rocks, but parents will be amazed at how the sport of canyoneering can boost kids’ confidence.
The Deal: Save 20%
Stay 3 or more nights and receive 20% discount off the room rate + daily breakfast for up to 4 guests (subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions). Simply head to the Cliffrose Website and enter code TREKAROO at checkout, call 877.230.0773, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Trekaroo.
Get ready for a week of national park tips & tricks, including:
Visiting the desert national parks– when, where, and most importantly, why!
Detailed coverage on family friendly Rocky Mountain National Park
Three Parks in Three Days– Exploring Yosemite, Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
Inspiration (and courage) for visiting volcanic national parks
Looking for other national park tips? Explore them all on our National Parks with Kids page.
The Steal: Win a Zion National Park Vacation Getaway
Details: One very lucky winner will receive:
- Either 2 nights lodging (during peak season March-November) or 4 nights lodging (during off season December-February ) in a 2-Bedroom Suite at the Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens (maximum 6 guests)
- Family canyoneering 3-4 hour guided trip for 4 from Red Desert Adventures
Enter today & everyday for two weeks by filling out the rafflecopter form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- The prize is non-transferable
- Accommodations will be based on space available.
- Some blackout dates apply including weekend, and holidays.
- Required age range for the family canyoneering adventure is 5 to 65.
- No cash value
- Does not include airfare or airport transfer to destination
Rules and Guidelines:
- No purchase necessary
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
Entry Period: May 27, 2013 12:01 AM PST to June 9, 2013 11:59PM PSTSpecial thanks to our sponsor: Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens 281 Zion Boulevard Springdale, UT 84767
and additional prize offerings from
Red Desert Adventure PO Box 5 Springdale, UT 84767
What is Monday Madness?
On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.