If you took a poll of who claims to own the family’s iPad, I’d be willing to bet that 100% of parents (who purchased the product) would claim ownership. In that same poll, 100% of children would say it belongs exclusively to them.
And although it is incredibly handy to pass over the iPad to pacify young children, a few nagging questions always haunt my mind as I do so: Will they drop it (this is a major investment, after all)? Will they stumble into something inappropriate in the app store? Will they delete my photos or apps? Am I a horrible mother?
The last question weighs heaviest as I worry that my years of silly songs and games, educational flash card fun, and avoidance of TV and video games are all splashing down the drain as their eyes are glued onto another form of flashing entertainment.
Enter the ArtSee Studio, a state-of-the-art app and drawing kit that transforms an iPad into an interactive creativity machine complete with social media sharing. The brain child of WoWee’s CTO, the studio was originally created as the perfect way to utilize an iPad during long rides in the car. Testing and development showed that children easily tire of simple drawing, so they worked hard to create an app and studio that keeps kids engaged for long periods of time through the use of interactive animations and games.
My two oldest girls enjoying the ArtSee’s built in camera tool.
And although the ArtSee Studio definitely keeps the iPad in your child’s hands a bit longer (because they are having so. much. fun!!), it also has answers to some of the concerns (and guilt) I often feel letting my children play on my iPad.
- ArtSee Studio securely frames your iPad, offering an extra layer of protection against inadvertent drops.
- A clever hinged cover slips right over the Home Button, kids can’t navigate into other programs or apps (removing the possibility of deleting or badly injuring precious apps and files). Older kids can easily move the cover, but they should be a bit more responsible.
- Designed for kids ages 3 and up.
PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK FEATURES
- In addition to fun, the ArtSee Studio is educational. Kids are learning patterns, symmetry, matching, shapes, and memory games to enhance cognitive development.
- ArtSee Studio inspires creativity. Turn static drawings to life with animation and sound.
- No batteries or charging; simply plug in your iPad & play.
- Three built in themes and five built in games keep kids engaged for long periods time.
- A hidden parent menu allows you to customize the studio for your child’s age and ability.
Update: One of the trekaroo winners of this ArtSee contest loves her product. This is what she has to say:
My ArtSee arrived yesterday afternoon and to say I love it is an understatement!! My 4 year old daughter is absolutely mesmerized by it and when I promised her she could play with it today if she went to sleep last night, was the first time in a long time that she willingly went to bed!! It is so adorable and I love the look on her face when she accomplishes things like dot to dot or just making a picture. My 23 month old loves it as well,! I just cannot thank you enough for winning and making all of our day!!Thank you so much again!-Trekaroo user Laurie
A few examples of kid-created artwork.
Check out this video covering all the ArtSee’s cool features:
Read my full review of the ArtSee Studio or Buy one today
Disclosure: This article is sponsored by WowWee. All opinions are my own.
The Steal:Win an ArtSee Studio for your iPad
Details: Five lucky winners will receive an ArtSee Studio for their kids
- The prize is non-transferable
- No cash value
Rules and Guidelines:
- No purchase necessary
- Five raffle winners will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only
- Winners will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days) Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that it does not arrive in your spam folder.
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
Entry Period: April 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM PST to May 12 , 2013 11:59 PM PST.
3500 de Maisonneuve West, Suite 800
Montreal, Quebec H3Z 3C1
What is Monday Madness?
On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.