This past summer, while traveling to Toronto to attend TBEX, the world’s largest gathering of travel bloggers, writers, and new media content creators, I carefully packed hundreds of white feathers, a swan neck, and yards of tulle. Not your typical carry-on items, these components were packed in my bag for one very special goal: to try to win the Expedia costume contest!
To kick off their Expedia Viewfinder Travel Blog, our friends at Expedia asked travel writers and media to come to their party red-carpet ready: dressed as their favorite celebrities. In an effort to win a prize, I decided I couldn’t go as any regular Hollywood A-lister. Although dating myself a little bit, my throwback to Bjork’s 2001 Swan Dress made a pretty big impression and I WON one of the awesome prizes.
Here I am with Trekaroo CEO LiLing Pang (dressed as Mad Men’s Peggy) going to the party:
Here’s where you come in.
Due to my husband’s work schedule, three babies, and a slew of other irreconcilable factors, I can’t use my getaway! The major prize that I won at TBEX is now up for grabs to you, our lovely readers.
Psst. We’re currently partnering with Expedia to help raise money for St. Jude: Enter to win over 150 Dream Trips.
A Luxury Getaway at Capella Ixtapa
Set atop the stunning Pacific Ocean, Capella Ixtapa will transport you to another place and time. Whether or not you bring your little one or use this slice of paradise as babymoon or second honeymoon, you’ll be immersed in a refined, relaxing, luxury resort experience. The resort’s 59 suites each face the ocean and offer its own open terrace. Here you can get away from the crowds as you enjoy unsurpassed beauty and complimentary luxury amenities such as flexible check out times, turndown service, bottled water, refreshments, and your very own personal assistant.
Arguably, one of the most romantic places on the planet, Capella Ixtapa boasts more than just eye-candy. From horseback riding to snorkeling, biking, and four-wheeling, there are plenty of activities available. Take a cooking class, head to the village for a laid back, local afternoon, or simply soak up the sunset poolside. The resort provides every opportunity to take a vacation as you need it: full of activities, or not.
The Steal: Enter to Win my Bjork Assisted Getaway (3 nights at Capella Ixtapa)
Details: One winner will receive a certificate for 3 nights in a Junior Ocean Suite accommodation at Capella Ixtapa
Enter to win today and everyday for two weeks by using the Rafflecopter widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- The prize is non-transferable
- Accommodations will be based on space availability
- Junior Ocean Suite maximum occupancy is three (two adults and one child)
- Subject to availability
- Prize must be redeemed by 5/14/2014
- No cash value
- Does not include airfare or airport transfer
Rules and Guidelines:
- No purchase necessary
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
Entry Period: September 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM PST to October 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST.
What is Monday Madness?
On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui, or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.