Job For Mom:
POSITION: Mom, Mommy, Mama, Ma or Dad, Daddy, Dada, Pa, Pop
Long term, team players needed, for challenging, permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call.
Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities! Travel expenses not reimbursed.
Extensive courier duties also required.
- Physical fitness. Possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf
- Endure being hated, at least temporarily, until someone needs $5
- Willing to bite tongue repeatedly
- Be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers
- Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects
- Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks
- Be a willing to be indispensable one minute and an embarrassment the next
- Assemble and safety test a half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices that often don’t come with instructions
- Must always hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst
- Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product
- Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility
POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT & PROMOTION:
NONE. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.
None required (unfortunately). On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.
WAGES AND COMPENSATION:
Get this! You pay them! Offering frequent raises and bonuses.
A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will help them become financially independent.
When you die, you give them whatever is left.
The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and only wish you could do more.
While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered; this job supplies
limitless opportunities for personal growth, unconditional love, and free hugs and kisses for life if you play your cards right.
Forward this on to all the PARENTS you know, in appreciation for everything they do on a daily basis, letting them know they are appreciated for the fabulous job they do…
or forward with love to anyone thinking of applying for the job.
AND A FOOTNOTE:
THERE IS NO RETIREMENT — EVER!!!
– – – – – –
Absolutely no idea who wrote this, but just received it via email and thought it was too funny not to share.