Post-baby? Not even sure if these hotels like kids. Luckily, there are plenty of hotels this summerwho rolling out the red carpet for the youngest members of your family.From pools to rooms of their own, here are some of our favorite family packages:
1. Joie De Vivre Hotel’sForever Young Family Package treats kids like VIPs with custom hotel keycards, welcome gift baskets, a yummy milk and cookie turn-down and googles just for your kids. Rates start at $89/night. For more information go to www.summercalifornia.com.
Hotel Del Sol, San Francisco (from $169/nt)
Hotel Tomo, San Francisco ($115)
Wild Palms Hotel, near Great America ($89)
Moorpark Hotel – San Jose near Raging Waters ($99)
Santa Cruz Dream Inn beachfront ($299)
Hotel Maya, Long Beach, Los Angeles ($169)
Shorebreak Hotel, Huntington Beach ($179)
2. Ojai Resort & Spa is offering a Perfect Family Vacation where kids get a free room with a 3 night consecutive stay. That’s 50% off. There’s something for everyone here from Camp Ojai for kids 5 through 12 to golf and spa treatments for mom and dad. Rooms start at $605/night.
3. Lego-licious. The brand new Sheraton Carlsbad Hotel conveniently provides special access to Legoland which is great for families. With kid-friendly pools and an adventurous Kid Program for ages 6-17 ranging from rock climbing to theme park visits. With their Family Package – Kids eat free and receive a free movie each night. Rates start at $234/night. The Sheraton Carlsbad is rated 5 stars by Trekaroo families.
4. Nickolodeon Marriott Getaways – The new Nickelodeon Getaway program for kids and parents will feature poolside shows with messy games, music and trivia; dive-in Nickelodeon movies; crafts; and character breakfasts with Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants. The Getaway program will take place on weekends year round at some resorts and seasonally at others. Most activities are free for guests staying at the resort. Rates start at $139 per night and vary by hotel and dates. For more information or to book, go to www.nickelodeongetaway.com or call 1-800-228-9290.
5. Save big at the Four Seasons PuntaMita. Just 26 miles from from Puerto Vallarta, the Four Season PuntaMita is giving away a $1,234 credit for every four nights stayed, which guests can apply to kid programs, food, golf, or even your own room. For a garden-view casita starts at $415 for stays between July 1 and September 30 ($545/night for stays from October 1 to December 21). This translates to about $107-220 a night in one of the top celeb resorts in the world.
Click here to find more family-friendly travel deals.
Trekaroo is a reviews website dedicated to helping parents explore and travel with kids.