While travel does increase your family’s carbon footprint, some trips can inspire and educate your family to be greener Earthlings.
Kid-friendly Earth Day Adventures Around:
- Earth Day for Kids: San Francisco Bay Area
- Earth day for Kids: Sacramento, CA
- Learning about Environmental Conservation with Kids in Orange County
- Earth Day for Kids: Utah
- Earth Day for Kids: Massachusetts
- Earth Day for Kids: Connecticut
- Earth Day for Kids: New Jersey
- Earth Day for Kids: Philadelphia
- Earth Day for Kids: Florida’s East Coast
- Earth Day for Kids: Bradenton/Sarasota
- Earth Day for Kids: Fort Myers/Naples
- Earth Day for Kids: Tampa Bay
Fresh Off the Press
- 10 Great Places for Kids to Learn About Environmental Conservation
- Alaska: Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center – enjoy wildlife and learn about wildlife conservation and rehabilitation.
- California: Community Farms in the San Francisco Bay Area – let your kids learn how to grow their own organic produce.
- California: Berkeley Adventure Playground – Recycling You Can Play With – the last playground of it’s kind in the US.
- Illinois: Ecology Action Center – short tours to learn about
- California: Berkeley Adventure Playground – Recycling You Can Play With – the last playground of it’s kind in the USA
- Illinois: Ecology Action Center – short tours to learn about recycling, composting, and saving energy.
- Washington: Riverfront Park – Kids love the Garbage Goat that actually eats and recycles garbage.
- Virginia: Mount Trashmore – garbage dump turned into a beautiful park. Great playground.
It’s National Parks Week April 21-29. Get free admission and enjoy lots of kid-friendly events at various parks.
Our favorite reviews for this week
says, “Just enjoyed a school day visit to the Children’s Museum of Houston. Packed before 1pm with field trip kids. Went to Bodega’s Tacos nearby (delicious, cheap and great for kids too) for lunch and w…
says, “It’s nice to have a theme park that has fruits/veggies as the theme! I love the typical parks like Disneyland (and planning to go there again in July!), but really liked the unique atmosphere of t…