Congrats to Kim Poteet for winning this awesome giveaway to Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Thank you to everyone else who played along. It was so fun seeing all your photos from TTDNashville and meeting many of you in person.
We would love for you to join Trekaroo and be part of our community of families who help each other get out and explore with our kids. Trekaroo hosts travel giveaways throughout the year. When you join Trekaroo, we’ll make sure you don’t miss them.
Dreaming of spending your family vacation soaking in some Hawaiian sunshine at the beach? What about snorkling with sea turtles or hiking into the crater of a volcano? The Big Island of Hawaii is the ideal location for families to do just that. A visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a must for any homeschool family visiting the island. If you are lucky enough to catch a lava flow during your visit, I promise, it will be an experience that will bring geology alive for your children. As my 7 year old declared, “It isn’t every day that you get spit at by a rock!”
Prepare for your visit with Trekaroo’s Road School Guide on Visiting Volcanos with Kids
One thing is for sure. When it comes to a place to stay, the massive Hilton Waikoloa Village is a family’s Hawaiian vacation come true. Three swimming pools with waterfalls and waterslides, check! Monorail and boat ride on property, check! Dolphins swimming within 10 feet of your dinner table, yes, check that too! All I can say is that I’m glad we ended our visit here because our kids would never have agreed to leave the resort to explore the rest of the island otherwise.
Read more about how to explore the Big Island of Hawaii with kids without roughing it. Trekaroo families love the variety of experiences on this island and share their reviews of the best family-friendly attractions on the Big Island. You can even get the inside scoop on the best places to get face to face with some friendly Honu sea turtles.
Trekaroo, Word Traveling and Teach Them Diligently are delighted to send one very lucky homeschool family to experience the Big Island of Hawaii for themselves with this fabulous giveaway. Check out Jen’s video of Hilton Waikoloa and her family’s trip to the Big Island and you’ll see exactly why we are so excited about this giveaway!
No purchase necessary.
One (1) winner will receive a four-night stay with resort accommodations at the award winning family destination, Hilton Waikoloa Village on Hawaii Island. Including daily breakfast for two (2) at Big Island Breakfast at Water’s Edge. Also included are tickets for a family of four (4) to Legends of Hawaii, our Big Island Story luau experience.
Restrictions: Prize gift certificate is valid from March 17, 2016 – March 17, 2017. Subject to availability and
- Prize gift certificate is valid from March 17, 2016 – March 17, 2017
- Subject to availability
- Black-out dates, including December 20, 2016 – January 10, 2017. No cash value
- No cash value
Rules and Guidelines:
- No purchase necessary
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
- Entrants must be registered attendees of the 2016 Teach Them Diligently Conference in Nashville, TN.
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
- Gift certificate will be mailed to the winner.
- Official Rules
Entry Period: March 14, 2016 12:01am PST to March 25, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
What other resources does Trekaroo have for Homeschool Travel?
Check out all the photos submitted from TTDNashville: