During the summer months, there are few cities that can rival Seattle for it’s wonderful outdoor fun and breathtaking views at just about every turn. During the rainy season, Seattle shows her kid-friendly side with delightful indoor attractions for top notch kid fun. These are the best of the best attractions for families as rated by local and visiting families.
The Pacific Science Center is hugely popular with local and visiting families. And it is no wonder with room after room of hands on science exhibits that toddlers to teens can touch, bang, listen, observe and walk right into. You will literally be tearing your child away at the end of your visit.
The highlight for many families is the Underwater Dome at the Seattle Aquarium. Imagine a 360 degree view of a 400,000 gallon tank full of fish! Kids also love the glowing jellyfish and the touch tanks where they can run their fingers over a sea anemone’s soft tentacles. The cute and mischievous sea otters and puffins will not fail to amuse mom, dad, and junior.
This waterfront walk not only offers stunning views of Puget Sound with picturesque boats and mountains in the distance. It is also littered with whimsical sculptures that kids will enjoy like a giant typewriter eraser.
This wonderful 2.87 park is located within Seattle city limits. The path that encircles the lake is filled with hundreds of different trees. It’s perfect for a relaxing stroll, run, skate or bike ride. Green Lake is actually clean enough for swimming too. The huge playground and wading pool (west of the park) is were kids gravitate. Older children come here to play basketball, soccer,and baseball. This is THE place to be on a gorgeous summer day.
Best Indoor Playspace in Seattle – Children’s Museum
When the weather turns up rainy and cold, kids still get to explore, climb and stretch at the Children’s Museum. The kid-size grocery store is a big hit!
Which Hotels came up at the top?
Other Resources for Seattle:
- All 140 Activities for kids in the Seattle-Puget Sound Area
- Kid-friendly hotels in and around Seattle-Puget Sound
- Visiting Seattle with Little Kids – adorablyconfused
- Destination Playgrounds in Greater Seattle and Puget Sound – Travelmom
- Seattle Parks and Playgrounds – wandermom1
- Stores Mom and Kids Love in Seattle by Mompreneurs – Jill Dickinson
- 5 Lesser Known Pit Stops In and Around the Seattle Area – pitstopforkids
- Where to eat in Seattle with Kids in Tow – kirida
- Pumpkin Patches in the Seattle Area – Lydie Thomas