Editor’s Note: Congratulations to Jean L., winner of this 3-Day, Big Sky Family Adventure. Passports with Purpose was successful in reaching its goal of $100,000 to donate to water.org to bring clean water to Haiti. Thank you to everyone who participated.
The second prize in our triple win Passports with Purpose raffle that Trekaroo and Big Sky Chamber of Commerce is offering is a 3 day fun-filled Big Sky, Montana Family Adventure. The Big Sky Family Adventure is worth a whopping $2950
You might enjoy this prize alone or tack it on Prize # 1 -a week at an authentic Montana Dude Ranch Experience at Lone Mountain Ranch
(Prize #3 – well, it’s a not really a prize, but it’s a big win for the people of Haiti): What makes this giveaway a triple win is that these prizes is being raffled off as part of the travel community’s annual fundraiser - Passports with Purpose! This year, with your participation, we’re hoping to raise $100,000 to bring clean water to the people of Haiti by benefiting a fantastic organization, water.org.
How does Passports with Purpose Work?
Simply put, Passports with Purpose is The Biggest Travel Raffle of the year. Each year, travel writers reach out to our favorite travel destinations and invite them to join us in helping to raise funds for our chosen cause by donating an irresistible experience. Our sponsors generously offer up prizes like fabulous hotel rooms, attraction tickets, experiences to remember, airfare, and car rentals. These travel prizes are then raffled off to anyone who wants to buys a raffle ticket. This is where you come into the equation! Donors like yourself purchase raffle tickets for $10 a piece. The more tickets you buy, the more your chances are of winning. Really want to win something? Stack up your odds of winning by applying as many raffle tickets as you like towards your most coveted prize. If you win, you can be sure you’ll have scored the travel deal of a life time. If you don’t, your donation will go a long way towards bringing much needed clean water to an entire community in Haiti. Either way, you can’t loose.
Prize # 2: A 3 Day Big Sky, Montana Family Adventure
In the winter, Big Sky, Montana is a destination for extreme skiiers. In the summer, she transforms into a pristine mountain town with the picture perfect Galatin River, a mecca for fly-fishermen from all over the country. Big Sky is also a gateway town to the famed Yellowstone National Park which is barely an hour away. This is a town where the rich and famous come to escape from crowds. It’s no wonder that Big Sky is also known for it’s wonderful golf courses and elegant mountain cuisine.
You’ll enjoy good old Mountain hospitality for 3 nights at the historic Bucks T4 Lodge. Originally built as a hunting lodge, Bucks T4 has grown to become one of the Big’s Sky’s landmark roadhouses. You’ll stay in one of their double queen deluxe rooms that equipped with deluxe bedding, free wireless Internet, iPod docking stations, microwave/refrigerator, satellite TV with 3 HBO channels, direct-dial phones with voicemail, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron. A full hearty continental spread is included each morning. But what you’ll be sure to remember from your trip is dinner at Bucks T4 where they are famed for offering the best local cuisine Big Sky has to offer, featuring wild game meats grilled, braised, and sautéed to perfection. (Dinner is not included in this package)
Day One: Adrenalin Rush at Big Sky Resort
On day one, your family will spend a day at Big Sky Resort to experience your choice of two unique mountain Basecamp adventures. Among the many choices are a Tram Expedition to the top of Lone Peak, High Ropes Course, Climbing Wall, Bungee Trampoline, Paintball and Laser Tag, Zipline Adventure, Archery, or Giant Swing. Our family went on the Tram Expedition up to the top of Lone Peak and found the experience simply thrilling. It’s a multiphase journey that gets more exciting with each leg of the trip. By the time we were standing at the top of Lone Peak, my knees were admittedly a little shaky. Not so for my 6 and 9 year old boys who were racing to add their names to the summit logbook. (Read my full review of the Tram Expedition)
Day 2: Luxury Tour to Yellowstone National Park
On the second day, Yellowstone Luxury Tours will take your family to one of America’s most unique landmarks – Yellowstone National Park! Yellowstone National Park like no other. Rainbow colored geothermal pools simmer, white pots of boiling mud tease your imagination, terraces of mineral deposits display the magnificent creative force of nature, and wild bison, bears ,and elk greet you on road sides and by rivers and lakes. If you’ve never taken your kids to Yellowstone National Park, you absolutely must. If you have already been, it’ll be a treat to dig deeper into it’s magnificent beauty on a fully customized tour with Yellowstone Luxury Tours. Their tours are perfect for children of all ages because your day with Yellowstone Luxury Tours will be customized around the interests and whims of your family. Enjoy the comfort of their Mercedes sprinter van or luxury Suburbans and discover even more about this fascinating place through knowledgeable interpretative guides. A complimentary picnic lunch is included and activities such as horseback riding or kayaking can be added to your day if you so desire (not included in this package).
Day 3: Day Out for Mom and Dad at Moonlight Basin
Day three. Did I hear you whisper a wish for a day out for mom and dad? Well, there would be no better place for mom and dad to reconnect without the kids then to spend the day at Moonlight Basin. Your children will be whizzed off by a carefully selected childcare provider (courtesy of Big Sky Chamber of Commerce) for a day of fun and adventure in Big Sky. Mom and dad are invited to enjoy 9 holes of golf at The Reserve at Moonlight Basin, A Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, followed by a 50 minute couples massage, a restful afternoon, and sumptuous dinner at Jack Creek Grille. One of my favorite meals during our visit to Big Sky was at Jack Creek Grille. Our family savored every bite of their delicious grass-fed steaks, wild game, and seafood dishes cooked with great precision to bring out bold flavors. (Read my full review of Jack Creek Grille)
Summer at Big Sky is loaded with lots of other fun activities! Among the favorites that visitors and locals alike look forward to is horseback riding, fly fishing on the Gallatin River, hiking on the many different mountain trails, visiting the farmer’s market, and enjoying an evening of music at Music in the Mountains. Certainly three days is just enough to experience a few highlights, so be sure to also put in some raffle tickets to win A Week at Lone Mountain Ranch as well!
Explore more family friendly activities in Big Sky.
- 3 night stay in a deluxe two queen bed room at the Bucks T4 Lodge.
- A fully-customized private day tour of Yellowstone National Park with Yellowstone Luxury Tours, including a complimentary picnic lunch. This all-inclusive tour is for groups of up to 8 people.
- Any two activities at Big Sky Resort for a family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – Families can chose from, high ropes, paintball or laser tag, zipline archery, the tram expedition to Lone Peak or the giant swing.
- Nine holes of golf for two at The Reserve at Moonlight Basin, A Jack Nicklaus Signature Course (or other resort-operated activities if a tee time is not available during guest stay)
- A couples 50-minute Moonlight Massage
- Dinner for two at Moonlight Basin’s Jack Creek Grille which includes appetizer, entree, dessert, one glass of house wine and non-alcoholic beverages per person.
- Babysitting for a day during Mom and Dad’s day out at Moonlight Basin
- Subject to some restrictions from Bucks T4 on the lodging – details coming shortly.
- Redemption of prize package from Moonlight Basin must be for dates within the time frame of July-September 2013, based on availability. Winner is responsible for service gratuity, 3% resort tax on applicable products and services. Golf course availability is based on priority member tee times, course dates, and hours of operation for the 2013 season, not yet determined. Moonlight Basin reserves the right to substitute other resort-operated amenities and activities should golf not be available.
- Prize activities at Big Sky Resort are based on availability. Blackout Dates Apply.
- The prize from Yellowstone Luxury Tours excludes park entrance fee ($12/person, 15 and under is free) and gratuity. The cost of any third-party activities is the responsibility of the winner. Because of the limited customized nature of their tours, reservations are based on availability and the winner shall coordinate with Yellowstone Luxury Tours to find a mutually agreeable tour date. Yellowstone Luxury Tours maintains the right to cancel or reschedule the tour in the case of weather or safety concerns or in the case of unforeseeable circumstances and acts of God.
Total Prize Value: $2950
Rules and Guidelines:
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number your raffle tickets you applied to this raffle item against the total number of entries for any particular prize.
- 18 years of age and older
Prize #1: A Week at An Authentic Montana Dude Ranch
Make this a vacation to remember and enter to win a Week at an Authentic Montana Dude Ranch – Lone Mountain Ranch
To view all Passports with a Purpose Giveaways, head here.
Many thanks to Big Sky Resort, Yellowstone Luxury Tours ,and Moonlight Basin, Big Sky Chamber of Commerce for providing these wonderful prizes. And here’s a shout out to the 2012 Passports with Purpose Sponsors as well: