Are you considering a multiple family ski trip? Trekaroo’s Ski Week aims to take the stress out of family ski vacations by providing families large and small with the tools needed to plan a cost-effective, stress-free, and fun ski vacation.
Throughout this week, we’ll cover booking ski accommodations, finding kid-friendly ski and snowboard programming, dining without breaking the bank, and ski package deals you can book right now. Each day, skiing families will find practical ‘how to’ information for planning an ideal family ski vacation, backed up by real-world ski resort picks we have personally vetted. Because we ski too!
Where does our multigenerational ski trip advice come from? My extended family of 14–yes, 14!–spent four nights last ski season at Northstar California. Our mission: to discover the best tips and tricks for planning and enjoying a large family ski trip. Check out our experience in the video below!
The keys to our family ski trip success:
1. We rented a vacation home: Staying under one roof made our trip all the more fun, plus we saved money and remained organized. Instead of wasting time with meet-up locations and car pooling, we began each day together, eating breakfast around our central kitchen table and plotting out our ski day. In the evenings, we used our vacation home as a place to relax, share our ski day adventures with one another, and get the kids to bed early. Learn more about vacation home rentals tomorrow in our Ski Week lodging post with MountainReservations!
2. We picked the right resort for our needs: Northstar California has a central base village with something for everyone: skiing, snowboarding, and nordic trails to suit all abilities, and excellent childcare and ski school programming. Our family could split up and try different activities when desired, and still all come together at the end of the day. Learn more about kid-friendly ski resort programming with Vail Resorts’ Keystone Resort on Wednesday!
3. We saved money on dining and ski package deals. When you travel with a large family group, you get good deals! We saved money on meals by eating home-cooked dinners and packing snacks, and we bought lift tickets online well ahead of time to enjoy discounts. Find out how to eat cheap on your ski trip on Thursday, and how to save money on package ski deals with SnowPak on Friday!
Wednesday on Ski Week: Plan your multiple family ski trip activities and ski school picks!
Thursday on Ski Week: Get tips and tricks for saving money on dining during your next ski vacation!
Friday on Ski Week: Find ski package deals you can snag right now!
To kick off Ski Week, we’re giving away prizes you can use with your family during this winter’s ski season:
The Steal: Ski Week Monday Madness Giveaway
Plan not one, but two family ski trips this winter with vacation components from two family resorts, tickets, and family ski gear! What one lucky family will win:
Two-night stay for a family of four at Keystone Resort, Colorado. This week, you’ll learn why we love Keystone! Perfect for families, Keystone Resort offers fun on and off the mountain.
$50 Liftopia credit: Liftopia is your one-stop shop for scoring lift ticket deals at resorts all over the US. Win $50 Liftopia bucks toward your next ski ticket purchase.
Two days of skiing for two people at Park City Mountain Resort: tickets good any time during the ’13-’14 ski season from MountainReservations.
One pair of RAMP Cork Kid skis for your little shredder: RAMP skis are all handmade in the USA, based in Park City, Utah. The Cork Kid is a do-it-all ski that will keep your kid busy in both the terrain park and on the frontside. Read our RAMP Cork review on Trekaroo!
Two K2 helmets for your kids to keep them safe on the slopes: Pick between the K2 girls’ Illusion or boys’ Entity (or one of each!). Both models offer lightweight, progressive protection for youth skiers and riders. Read our Entity review on Trekaroo!
2 pairs of Julbo goggles: Julbo makes high quality ski and snowboard goggles that offer eye protection and style for the whole family. Win one pair of youth Astro and one pair of Polar for mom or dad. Thank you to our Ski Week product sponsors listed above, and our week-long sponsors Keystone Resort and MountainReservations. HOW TO ENTER: Simply fill out the rafflecopter below. You can enter every day for the next two weeks: a Rafflecopter giveaway
- The prize is non-transferable
- Accommodations will be based on space availability
- Blackout dates may apply, including 12/20-1/4/14, 1/17-1/19, 2/14 – 2/16, 3/7-3/15 for Keystone Resort.
- Subject to availability
- Prizes must be redeemed for the 2013-2014 ski season (Keystone Resort stay valid for 12 months)
- No cash value
- Does not include airfare or airport transfer
Value: over $1200 Rules and Guidelines:
- No purchase necessary
- One raffle winner will be selected
- Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
- 18 years of age and older
- US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
- Winner will be notified via the email provided and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email. (Usually 3 days)
- After the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on this blog post.
Entry Period: October 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM PST to October 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. What is Monday Madness? On select special Mondays, Trekaroo announces on our blog, either a fantastic giveaway or an incredible deal. It could be a green water bottle, a hotel stay on Maui or theme park tickets. Return every Monday to the Talking Trekaroo Blog for the details. Want a reminder? Become a Trekaroo member or follow us on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks to Online Sweepstakes and CashNet Sweepstake